This quarter I wanted to implement a project for the students, and have them design their own app based off their websites they've already created. I knew it would be difficult, so I let them choose partners. I wanted to design it like a science fair experiment where the students had to do the research for the best application and then try to apply that application to create their very own app. Even as I was doing the research, and trying to figure out how I was going to layout the project, I found it difficult. I started out as a class giving ideas of different applications they can research then they were to write a review on the application. The students were already butting into issues with some of the programs:
After discussing it with my husband and a lot of prayer, I realized that scratching the lesson was best and maybe if I had more time in the near future to do proper planning and research I can implement it again. I've come to the realization that it's better to admit your weak areas then struggle through them like they're your strongest. Students rather see a real person than a teacher who's hard to reach because of pride. I reformatted my lessons until the end of the year, and I am excited about what the students will produce as their final projects.